Family Based Immigration

U.S. Family Immigration

Immigrate as a Spouse
  • U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents may petition a foreign national spouse to immigrate through marriage. Spouse has an option of Counselor Processing (If you are outside the USA) and Adjustment of Status (If you are in U.S.A). You must fulfill the requirements of USCIS to file for the immigration petition. 

Immigrate as an Un-Married Child of U.S. Citizen/Permanent Resident
  • This Visa will grant the child applicant a Green Card, allowing him or her to live in the United States and further their studies. They will also be able to work without the need for an Employment Authorization Document in the future

Immigrate as a Married Child of U.S. Citizen
  • The F-3 visa is granted to the children of US citizens who are abroad. This visa does not apply to unmarried children of US citizens, but only to married children of US citizens. An F-3 visa allows married children of US citizens to remain permanently in the US with their spouse and minor children. They can work lawfully without the need for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and with simply a Social Security Number, they can enroll in school, travel overseas, and enter the United States whenever they want.
Immigrate as a Brother & Sisters of U.S. Citizen
  • The F4 Visa is a Family-Based Green Card that permits US citizens to reunite with family members in the US by providing them lawful permanent residency. The F4 visa is a fourth category Preference Relative visa established for U.S. citizens’ siblings, spouses, and unmarried children under the age of 21.

  • To sponsor a sibling for an immigrant visa, a US citizen must be at least 21 years old and have a valid address in the US. Siblings who become lawful permanent residents in the United States can work without an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), acquire a social security number, and study freely in the United States.

Finac(e’)e of U.S. Citizen
  • The K-1 visa allows a foreign-born fiancé of a US citizen to enter the country and marry a US citizen.

  • To be eligible for a K-1 visa, the foreign partner must live outside the United States, be legally free and allowed to marry, have met the U.S. citizen spouse in person within the last two years, and have not been convicted of significant crimes. To be sponsored for a K-2 visa, your children must be under the age of 21.

Removal Of Conditions
  • If you and your spouse had been married for less than two years at the time your green card (visa) was approved, your green card will be “conditional,” and only valid for two years. Your next step will be to apply for Removal of Conditions and obtain a 10-year green card to become a permanent resident of the United States.

  • Conditional Green Cards are not renewable. If your immigration status is not adjusted within the 90-day window before your conditional Green Card expires, you will lose your permanent resident status and be forced to leave the United States.
Humanitarian Reinstatement
  • If your petitioner dies after USCIS accepts your I-130, but before your interview abroad, the law requires that your petition be canceled or terminated. Clients sometimes believe they can persuade the officer at the interview to authorize it nevertheless. The cop is unable. As a result, the sooner you notify the NVC or embassy/consulate that your petitioner has died, the sooner the process can begin. When USCIS agrees to let you continue your application with a different relative as your sponsor, this is known as humanitarian reinstatement.

Since its inception in 2018, J Salazar Law Firm has been dedicated to the exclusive practice of U.S. Immigration Law. Here, we represent our clients in all aspects of immigration law, including employment cases, family matters, removal and asylum, investment cases and all immigration NOIDS, RFEs & Motion to Reopen.

Useful Links

Social Contact